Lemons are kind of awesome. Zesty and fresh and yummy in everything, they also happen to be an awesome lifehack for beauty because lemons for skin are like a miracle. They are rich in antioxidants, highly acidic (which means anti-microbial), and lightening/brightening for your skin.
Lemons For Skin – So Many Benefits!
It’s a little staggering to list the benefits of this simple fruit, but we’ll try:
- an effective presentation buy viagra tesco pharmacy https://tasteofredding.org/8267-viagra-resept/ act writing essay cialis profesional follow link buy essays online best buy essay contest writing a strategy paper top admission essay writer for hire us craigslist albuterol https://worldtop20.org/system/someone-write-my-college-paper/30/ click here example of a lab report for chemistry enter harvard extension thesis database college essay writer buy viagra with dapoxetine no prescription english essay writing tips http://wnpv1440.com/teacher/how-to-write-a-process-essay/33/ free compare contrast essay high school college salary history in resume writing quadratic equations from graphs worksheet essay on earthquake in india resume database philippines custom term papers acquista levitra online go to site marijuana essay tesco viagra sales go cheap paper writing service Acne – lemons highly acidic juice helps to kill bacteria and fungus, making it an ideal aid for acne and rashes
- Anti-itch – lemon juice has a long history of use topically for the measles and chicken pox rashes to soothe the itch and help to calm the skin. Use caution if you’ve scratched the rash so much the skin is raw because the acidity of lemon juice will burn, but it is reputed to reduce the itch long-term.
- Brightening and Refreshing Skin – Leaving lemon juice on your skin for 10 minutes or more allows the acidic juice and enzymes to soften and loosen the dead skin cells on the surface of your skin and reveal the healthy glowing skin below. Your own mini, delicious-smelling mini skin peel. Check out some recipe ideas below.
- Lightening Sun Spots – Lemon juice also helps to lighten and brighten areas that have become pigmented after sun exposure.
- Reduce the Appearance of Wrinkles – again the magical acidity, combined with the brightening effect of lemons helps your skin to look tighter and more toned and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Just don’t get the juice too near your eyes – ouch!
- The Smell Lightens your Mood – no joke! Lemon and other citrus essential oils, which is what you’re smelling when you slice open that fresh lemon, has been shown to elevate mood and boost productivity as well as reduce anxiety. Lemon specifically boosts cognitive performance and mood.
Lemons for Skin: The Recipes
Before you try these, be sure to try a test patch of lemon juice on the skin inside your arm to see if you have any kind of negative reaction. There are people who have citrus allergies, and the acidity can be too much for some sensitive skin (but usually diluting with water will fix this problem). Also avoid sun exposure while the lemon juice is on your skin as it can make your skin more photosensitive and increase your likelihood of sun burn. After you try these yummy recipes, leave a comment and let me know how it goes for you! I’m a huge fan, but I’d love to know what you think.
Brightening Lemon Exfoliation
Sprinkle raw sugar crystals over a thick lemon slice and use that in the shower to scrub your skin. The gritty sugar and acidic lemon juice combine to form a totally delicious skin brightener. *LOVE*
Nourishing Skin Lightener
10 drops lemon juice
5 drops sweet almond oil or apricot kernel oil – organic if possible
1 teaspoon raw honey
Combine these and massage into facial skin in upward strokes. Lie back and let it do it’s magic for 20 minutes then rinse and go about your day feeling fabulous darling.
Lemon Lightener for Sun Damage and Liver Spots
10 drops lemon juice
3 drops sweet almond oil or apricot kernel oil
Using a cotton swab or clean fingertip dab this mixture onto the spots before bed and allow it to penetrate overnight. In your morning shower use the Brightening Lemon Exfoliation.
Lemon Mask for Dry Skin
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
1/2 teaspoon raw honey
Mix the ingredients and apply to face, lips, elbows, knees, hands or feet – any area that needs softening and deep moisturizing. Leave for 15-30 minutes then rinse with warm water.
Lemon Lift For Mood and Attitude
If you need to nail an interview, calm your nerves or need a major boost then put 2 drops of lemon essential oil on a freshly cut slice of lemon and rub over your wrists, behind your ear or the back of your neck. The subtle scent will lift your mood and even make your interviewer (or date) more happy if they get a whiff. Just make sure it isn’t going to be exposed to sun because this will make you more sensitive to UV rays. Also make sure this doesn’t get on your brightly colored clothes because it will lighten and bleach them. If your skin is too sensitive for direct application you can put it on a white handkerchief and discreetly sniff when you need a lift.
Here’s my favorite source for good quality organic oils and other fun ingredients if you happen to be into this stuff. Apricot oil and sweet almond oil are pretty easy to find in the health food store too.
The humble lemon, aside from being one of my favorite fruit flavors has myriad benefits for skin health and beauty. In fact lemons for skin are just as useful as they are internally – but more on that next week. In terms of beauty lifehacks, lemons for skin is a simple one. Lemons are generally inexpensive, readily available, and many of you probably have one sitting around right now that you can slice up – one slice for the cocktail and one for your face. That’s my kind of versatile!